Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School Preschool Ideas

Hello Again,

The summer is flying by at record speed it seems and it is time to think about back to school preschool ideas.

I'm not sure about you but I am a little behind getting ready because I've had so much fun watching the Summer Olympics from Beijing!

I do have some ideas to start the school year off.

Parents--Use puppets!

For parents with children just starting preschool I suggest using puppets and puppet role playing with your little one. Children love to voice their concerns through a puppet which is always a little safer. You can pretend to be the teacher or the child and act out the first day expectations. Always add that you come back after a short time and that there will be so many fun new things to do and children to meet.

Teachers--Pre-Open House

If possible, send a letter home to your new students introducing yourself. This can be done by email or snail mail. Even better is to hold a mini-open house before school starts so that the children and parents can visit, put a face with a name and know a few basic expectations.

Have a Poster Board up with each child's name on it. Ask the parents if there is anything special --likes, strong dislikes, allergies, etc. which you can put on this poster. This will stay up for the school year and if you are out and another person is helping, all these important facts are right there for all to see.

There are so many more ideas I want to share but running out of time and space for now.

You can also send me any special ideas or tricks you use and I will post them here.

Send them to me at marys.plans@gmail.com.

Until later,

Mary

P.S. PS: If you would like to receive my free newsletters for ideas for your preschool class, enter your name and address at the site below:

http://preschoolplanner.com/preschool-activities.html

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: