Friday, October 9, 2009

Preschool Fire Safety Activities

I believe all children should be offered preschool fire safety activities. It is critical to make these instructive and yet not frighten your preschoolers. Giving them the opportunity to pretend in a safe setting is a good place to start.

One of my readers shared the activities below. These activities also include alphabet recognition and reasoning skills.

Blanket of Smoke
I just did a fire safety unit and to reinforce crawling if there is smoke and letter recognition, I had the children pretend a blanket was smoke. They had to crawl under it and then find an alphabet letter. It was a fun way to handle a scary subject. I also bought some fireman figures at the dollar store and we talked about when it is appropriate to call 911. If it was a good reason we decided how may firefighters to put on the job and then counted them on a firehouse I made.

The kids loved it!

If you like these preschool fire safety activities, check out the other ideas in the Preschool Planner.

http://www.preschoolplanner.com/thefullstory.html

There are Two Editions now for the Preschool Planner: Basic or Platinum.

If you prefer lessons which have ideas for the Toddler Age, go here to the second volume of lessons. There is an entire bonus section devoted to TODDLERS.

http://www.preschoolwhiz.com/v2.html

Send me any ideas you would like to share and I will post them on my Blog.

Mary
marys.plans@gmail.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: