Saturday, April 7, 2007

Preschool - Shapes

Hello,

If you're like me you're always searching for ways to teach shapes.

Here are a few that have worked well for me.

Pass around a shape and have children look at it and feel it with
eyes open and closed. I use large cutouts--one of cardboard and
another of the same shape cut out of sandpaper.

Use pieces of painter tape to make large outlines on the floor of a
circle, square, triangle, etc. I ask the child to name the shape
before walking around it. Let the children take turns walking or
crawling around the edges of the shapes.

For a quiet activity have them hunt for shapes in a magazine and
paste them on a paper. Then you can make a bulletin board of
shpes with their creations.

You can turn it into a group activity by going outside and finding these shapes in nature.

I would love to hear any ideas you may have and I will share them all.

Mary

If you enjoy these ideas, check out my Preschool Lessons at:

http://www.preschoolplanner.com/thefullstory.html

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: