Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Preschool Math Lesson Plans - Animal Sound Number Game

Are you looking for some fun ways to teach your 3 & 4 year olds how to count?
Two of my subscribers sent me these preschool math lesson plans. Give these a try with your kids and let me know how it goes for you.


Animal Sound Number Game

From Geraldine…
Invite the children to sit in a circ le. Explain to the children that they
are going to count in order but, instead of saying the number out loud, each
child should choose an animal sound and make the appropriate number of noises to represent that number name. For example, the first child barks once the second child miaows twice, the third child grunts three times and so on, up to five The sixth child chooses a new animal sound to re-start the counting process, beginning at one again. Suggest they use their fingers to count out the sounds.


Swing Set Math

From Michele…
I have two groups at the day care where I teach. For the pre-K kids when I push them on the swings, I can push two kids when I stand in the middle, we do our ABC's with each push, Mary shouts out 'a' John, 'b'. etc.With the younger group of 4 year olds, I do the same thing only counting to 10 with each push. The kids love it. I all so have them count down from 10 - it really enforces the numbers for them.


If you have ideas to share, send them along and I'll post them here for all of us to use and enjoy.

Thanks,

Mary
marys.plans@gmail.com


P.S. If you would like to receive my free newsletters for ideas for
your preschool class, enter your name and address at the site below:

http://preschoolplanner.com/preschool-activities.html

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: