Thursday, April 15, 2010

Preschool Name Recognition Theme - Puzzles and Placemats

Watching a child's face as he/she learns to recognize their own name is joy! Here are ideas I use for preschool name recognition theme in my classes.

These ideas allow for visual and fine motor skills for your preschoolers to learn to know their names.

Whiteboard Name Puzzle
I print my preschool students name in large font on magnetic paper with a photo of them. Next I cut it into a few pieces and lay it out on the whiteboard so they have their own personal jigsaw puzzle that helps with name recognition.

Personalized Placemat
I send home a paper placemat with the child's name written on the top. Parents work with children looking through magazines & ads, to cut and glue their favorite foods or just draw them on the mat. When they are returned, we laminate the placemats and each child uses his/her during meals/snacks. This works great with name recognition for everyone and while we're waiting for our lunch, we trace our names with our finger!

Preschool Zoo
something I like to do for my children when we are doing a Zoo, or even a jungle theme, is to cut out picures of the children's faces and glue them into animals - the children love to find themselves on the wall and the parents love it as well.

The preschool name recognition theme is such an important one in preschool and I hope these ideas works for you. Check out the other ideas in the Preschool Planner.

There are Two Editions now for the Preschool Planner: Basic or Platinum.

Send me any ideas you would like to share and I will post them on my Blog.


P.S. If you would like to receive my free newsletters for ideas for your preschool class, enter your name and address at the site below:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!

Doctoral Dissertation